Leave Wi-Fi and Bluetooth turned ON.
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth must be enabled to use the Auto-Unlock feature. Your phone uses Wi-Fi and Bluetooth to determine your location. If your location is not accurate, Auto-Unlock will not work correctly or at all.
- Please make sure your smartphone has full internet access and do not turn on the "airplane mode".
Leave location services ON
- Auto-Unlock uses the phone’s location to determine when you are close to Home. Location services must be enabled in order for Auto-Unlock to work correctly.
- For the best positioning effects, please turn on WLAN scanning & Bluetooth scanning to improve accuracy. (Android only)
Location permission (Android 10 and higher)
- Set location permission to "All the time".
Turn off the "Auto-Lock" feature temporarily.
- You can turn it on after doing the test if you need it.
Take advantage of the notifications.
- Android 8 and above uses notifications to communicate to you about Auto-Unlock. Notifications for previous versions of Android can be turned on in the settings.
Open and use the U-tec App at least once a day.
- This teaches the operating system that U-tec App is a commonly used application.
Whitelist the U-tec App for battery savings (Android 9).
- Preserve battery life by whitelisting the August App. From your home screen, go to Settings > Apps > U-tec > Battery > Optimize Battery Usage.
- PLEASE NOTE: These steps may vary from model to model.
Enable U-tec APP Autorun. (Android only)
Disable "Put app to sleep" (Android only)
If the door always unlocks itself automatically when I at home. What should I do?
- Please select the SSID of your home WiFi on the Auto-unlock settings page. (Android only)
- Please try to switch the Geofence range to 600/1000 meters. (Android only)
Related article: How to Set Up Auto Unlock for Ultraloq U-Bolt Series?