- Your smartphone connects to the 2.4GHz WiFi network (5GHz WiFi is NOT supported).
Please make sure that your smartphone and the lock use the same 2.4GHz WiFi network (WiFi name). In that case, the WiFi name will display automatically.
If you are using iPhone, please don't choose the network with the suffix like 5Ghz.
- U-tec App (the latest version);
- Make sure the wireless signal is strong enough (-65dB ~ 0dB), or a distance within 50 feet between the U-Bolt / U-Bolt Pro WiFi and the Wireless router is recommended.
If you are using the dual-band router, which combined 2.4GHz and 5GHz into one SSID(WiFi Name), that means the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz signals are displaying as one. The connection will default to 5 GHz unless it is weaker than the 2.4 GHz one. The process for it is explained in our article:
How to set up the WiFi connection for U-Bolt WiFi / U-Bolt Pro WiFi?
Scenario 1. If you set up the WiFi connection for the first time. The following video will guide you on how to set up the WiFi from the beginning of the whole programming procedure.
Scenario 2. If you have already added the lock to the U-tec App, you just want to change to another WiFi. The following video and instructions will guide you on how to do it.
Step 1. Please confirm the Lock has been added to your U-tec App;
Step 2. Use U-tec App to pair the WiFi connection. Choose your Lock>> Settings >> WiFi (scroll down) >> Enable>> choose the 2.4GHz WiFi SSID, then input your WiFi password, Click Next.
Step 3. Please wait for the automatic setup to be done.
Step 4. Testing. Turn off the smartphone's Bluetooth, connect the Lock by the U-tec App, and lock/unlock function. If it works, the WiFi connection is paired successfully.
- Please enable all permissions on the settings page of your smartphone, which include Location (Always), Bluetooth, Camera, Notification, etc.;
- Please ensure your smartphone is not connecting to the other Bluetooth devices, for example, App Watch, Headphones;
- U-Bolt WiFi / U-Bolt Pro WiFi does not support any PPPoE network protocol or the Static IP Address;
- We don't recommend using any WiFi range extender to connect the U-Bolt / U-Bolt Pro WiFi;
- Please make sure port 8883 and port 443 are open on your router.
Please double confirm whether you had set daylight savings time or auto turn on/off schedule on your router. If yes, please adjust/disable it accordingly, then try to pair again.
- Please turn off the VPN (Virtual Private Network) if the connection fails intermittently.
- For mesh networks, we recommend setting a DHCP reservation, which will give you more stable connectivity. You can set it up through the app settings on your router. You may contact your WiFi provider support for professional assistance.
- If you received a "Failed to connect to the Bridge" error, please recheck whether your SSID(WiFi/Router name) or password contains special characters like ' , * , / or \ ,etc.