- Your smartphone connects to the 2.4GHz WiFi network (5GHz WiFi is NOT supported). The length of your WiFi password should be less than 32 characters;
Please make sure that your smartphone and the Bridge use the same 2.4GHz WiFi network (WiFi name). In that case, the WiFi name will display automatically.
If you are using iPhone, please don't choose the network with the suffix like 5Ghz.
- U-tec App (latest version);
- Ultraloq Smart lock: U-Bolt, U-bot Pro, Lever, UL1, UL300, UL3-BT(2nd Gen), UL3-BT (support but not recommend);
- Ultraloq Bridge plugged into a power outlet within 10 feet on an opposite or adjacent wall from your Ultraloq Smart Lock interior assembly. The lock and the Bridge are in the line of sight (recommended);
- A distance within 50 feet between the Bridge and the WiFi router;
- One Ultraloq Smart Lock can only connect with one mobile simultaneously.
- Please don't hide the WiFi SSID if you try to set up the Ultraloq products.
If you are using the dual-band router, which combined 2.4GHz and 5GHz into one SSID(WiFi Name), that means the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz signals are displaying as one. The connection will default to 5 GHz unless weaker than the 2.4 GHz one. The process for it explains in our article:
How to set up the Bridge?
Step 2. Please confirm the Lock has been added to your U-tec App;
Step 3. Use U-tec App to pair the Bridge. Choose your Lock>> Settings >> Pair Bridge (scroll down) >> Add Bridge>> choose the Bridge that you want to pair to, then insert your WiFi password. The indicator will begin to blink Yellow;
Step 4. Please wait for the indicator of the Bridge until it keeps steady YELLOW;
Step 5. Testing. Turn off the smartphone's Bluetooth, connect the Lock by the U-tec App, and lock/unlock function. If it works, the Bridge paired successfully.
- For multiple Ultraloq locks, you have to use multiple Bridges to connect;
- Please enable all permissions on the settings page of your smartphone, which include Location (Always), Bluetooth, Camera, Notification, etc.;
- Please ensure your smartphone is not connecting to the other Bluetooth devices, for example, App Watch, Headphones;
- Ultraloq Bridge does not support any PPPoE network protocol or the Static IP Address;
- We don't recommend using any WiFi range extender to connect the Bridge;
- Please make sure port 8883 and port 443 are open on your router.
Please double confirm whether you had set daylight savings time or auto turn on/off schedule on your router. If yes, please adjust/disable it accordingly, then try to pair again.
- Please turn off the VPN (Virtual Private Network) if the connection fails intermittently.
- For mesh networks, we recommend setting a DHCP reservation, which will give you more stable connectivity. You can set it up through the app settings on your router. You may contact your WiFi provider support for professional assistance.
- If you received a "Failed to connect to the Bridge" error, please recheck whether your SSID(WiFi/Router name) or password contains special characters like ' , * , / or \ ,etc.